At FileOrbis, we respect the privacy rights of users and recognize the importance of protecting your information. We provide a cloud-based & on-premise content management platform and our products make it easier for people to share ideas, collaborate, and help get work done. This Privacy Notice explains how information (including personal data as defined under GDPR) is collected, retained, used, disclosed, and transferred by FileOrbis and the available choices you have with regard to your personal information. This Privacy Notice applies to information collected, used, or shared by FileOrbis when you use or access our websites, products, mobile applications, or services (collectively, the "FileOrbis Services"), including when you attend a FileOrbis event or otherwise interact with us.
If you use the FileOrbis Services as part of a business, an entity, or a non-profit (collectively, “Organization”) that has an agreement with FileOrbis, then the terms of that agreement between the Organization and FileOrbis will supersede the Privacy Notice where the terms overlap.
Changes to This Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Privacy Notice. If there are material changes to this Privacy Notice, we may notify you or your Organization more directly by email or post a notice on FileOrbis’s website prior to the changes becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review our Privacy Notice to stay informed about our data protection practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
Collection of Information
FileOrbis collects information in the following ways:
- Information You Provide. We collect the information you directly provide to FileOrbis when you visit our websites or register for and/or use the FileOrbis Services.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We collect information related to your usage of the FileOrbis Services and the devices you use to access those FileOrbis Services.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources. We collect information from third parties where you have provided us with access to information from those third parties.
In some situations, you can decline to provide information to FileOrbis when asked for it. If you decline to provide information where FileOrbis requires such information to operate the FileOrbis Services and fulfill our obligations, you may not be able to use the applicable FileOrbis Service(s). Situations where this may occur include:
- Where FileOrbis asks you to provide personal information to be able to add features or services to an existing account at your request;
- Where FileOrbis asks you to provide personal information to create an account; or
- Where a third-party application on FileOrbis asks you to provide information to use their feature or service.
There may be situations where you do not have the ability to decline to provide information. This includes where FileOrbis automatically collects personal information through your use of FileOrbis Services. For any questions about providing us with your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
Use of Information
FileOrbis uses information collected for the purpose of providing the FileOrbis Services. FileOrbis will process and transfer information within and to the Turkey and other countries and territories from which FileOrbis or its authorized third parties may operate, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We will not share personal information about you or any Content with any third parties, unless you allow it, as described in this Privacy Notice, or in connection with providing you the FileOrbis Services. We may share information with (i) third parties and vendors or other services providers working on our behalf; (ii) the third-party FileOrbis integrations or other third-party products that you choose to use while working with the FileOrbis Services or (iii) when necessary, to protect the security and safety of our users or when required by law or a legal process.
Your Personal Information Choices
We understand that your personal information is important to you, and that is why you have choices in how your personal information is used and shared. You can exercise your data protection and privacy rights at any time by logging into your FileOrbis account and updating your preferences or contacting FileOrbis at firstname.lastname@example.org
For example, you can:
- Update, access, and delete your account information;
- Choose whether you wish to receive promotional and newsletter communications; and
- Choose whether you wish to share personal information with and use FileOrbis integrations.
Protection of Personal Information
FileOrbis is committed to securing your personal information. We take appropriate technological and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. FileOrbis complies with applicable data protection, privacy, and security breach notification laws.
Some of the ways in which FileOrbis protects your personal information include:
- We encrypt your Content when it is stored at rest in our data centers.
- We protect sensitive information with encryption during transmission over the public Internet.
- We keep the servers on which personal information is stored in a controlled environment with limited access.
- We maintain a wide variety of compliance and security programs.
Our Policy Toward Children
The FileOrbis Services are not directed to individuals under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under 18. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information as soon as possible.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you:
- Have questions about this Privacy Notice;
- Would like to contact FileOrbis’s Data Protection Officer;
- Wish to make a complaint or have a concern about our handling of your personal information; or
- Want to report a possible breach of privacy laws.
FileOrbis will respond to your inquiry within 30 days. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us over fileorbis.com.